The slim, affordable BlackBerry Curve 8520 for T-Mobile is perfect for those who need to be connected to work, friends and family while on the go. It provides easy mobile access to e-mail, messaging (IM, SMS, MMS) and popular social networking sites (including Facebook and MySpace) and features a highly tactile full-QWERTY keyboard for comfortable, accurate typing.
And with prepaid and postpaid calling plans from T-Mobile’s No Annual Contract, you’ll be able to pay the way you want without being tied down to a monthly contract (learn more about prepaid services below).
You’ll be able to access BlackBerry App World to download applications from a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones, including games, entertainment, social networking and sharing, news and weather, productivity and more.
Other features include access to T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling service, a 2-megapixel camera/camcorder, Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, 256 MB internal memory, microSD expansion up to 32 GB, quad-band GSM and EDGE connectivity, and up to 4.5 hours of talk time.
Staying Connected with BlackBerry
With BlackBerry’s push e-mail technology, your e-mail will find you without having to initiate a connection. BlackBerry devices are designed to remain on and continuously connected to the wireless network, notifying you as new e-mail arrives. In addition to the text, you can also receive and view attachments in a wide range of popular file formats, including Microsoft Office, Corel WordPerfect, and Adobe PDF.
Browse the web with the integrated, full-featured browser, which quickly and efficiently displays HTML pages as well as enables you to set up RSS feeds to stay connected to up-to-the-minute news and blog posts. And keep up with your contacts using a variety of instant message (IM) networks, including the integrated Blackberry Messenger as well as downloadable clients for Google Talk, Yahoo! Messenger, and Lotus Sametime.
For corporate users, this BlackBerry device delivers all the enterprise e-mail and messaging capabilities you’ve come to expect. It’s supported on the BlackBerry Internet Service, giving you access to up to 8 work or personal e-mail accounts (including most popular ISP e-mail accounts), as well as BlackBerry Enterprise Server, enabling advanced security and IT administration within IBM Lotus Domino, Microsoft Exchange and Novell GroupWise environments.
The BlackBerry Curve 8520 weighs 3.8 ounces and measures 2.4 x 4.3 x 0.5 inches. Its 1150 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 4.5 hours of talk time, and up to 408 hours (17 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies.
What’s in the Box
BlackBerry Curve 8520 handset, rechargeable battery, charger, stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, quick start guide
T-Mobile prepaid plans give you wireless access with less commitment, so you can pay–and talk–as you go. With no annual contract, no credit check, and no monthly bill, prepaid plans are a simple, direct way to go mobile. There are many ways to conveniently refill your T-Mobile Prepaid Plan so that you can stay continually connected with the people who matter most, including using web2go directly from your phone, via the T-Mobile Web site, or using refill cards available at over 90,000 locations nationwide.
With Pay As You Go, you get wireless service exactly how you like it–there’s no long-term contract, no credit checks, and no surprises. Add $100 in refills with Pay As You Go and you’ll become a Gold Rewards customer, which gets you 15 percent more minutes on all refills and your minutes won’t expire for a year after the time you refill.
T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling Service
Effortlessly transition between Wi-Fi calling and T-Mobile’s wireless network while you talk with T-Mobile’s innovative Wi-Fi Calling technology. Wi-Fi Calling is a free feature for this phone, and minutes used while connected to the Wi-Fi network count against available rate plan minutes.
Powered by Kineto’s Smart Wi-Fi Application, T-Mobile’s Wi-Fi Calling for Android smartphones is ready to use out-of-the-box, providing the ability to make voice calls and send SMS from accessible Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n) access points across the globe in addition to the connectivity available through T-Mobile’s mobile network. The application also includes a tutorial for first-time users.
- Wi-Fi networking (802.11b/g) for accessing home and corporate networks as well as hotspots on the go.
- Wi-Fi Calling enables you to send and receive calls and messages over any Wi-Fi network, whether at home or on the road with Wi-Fi and Mobile Calling–even in areas that have little or no network coverage.
- 2.6-inch color TFT screen supports 65K colors and has a 320 x 240-pixel resolution
- Full QWERTY keyboard with built-in familiar layout lets you type messages easily without searching for the letter you want.
- BlackBerry OS 5.0
- Support for BlackBerry App World featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones. Categories include travel, productivity, entertainment, games, social networking and sharing, news and weather, and more.
- 2-megapixel camera features a 5x digital zoom, built-in flash, self-portrait mirror and full screen viewfinder.
- Video capture capabilities in two resolutions (320 x 240 pixels for saving; 176 x 144 pixels for sending via messaging).
- Multi-format digital audio and video player with compatibility for MP3, WMA 9 Pro/WMA 10, AAC/AAC+/eAAC+, MPEG4, H.263, H.264, and more.
- Bluetooth 2.0 connectivity with stereo music streaming (A2DP) capabilities as well as hands-free headsets and car kits.
- Memory expansion via microSD card slot with support for optional cards up to 32 GB.
- Full messaging capabilities including SMS text, MMS picture/video and IM instant messaging (via popular services including AOL, Yahoo!, Windows Live Messenger, and Google Talk)
- BlackBerry Browser for accessing Web sites.
- Organizer tools including calendar, task list, memo pad, and calculator
- Airplane mode allows you to listen to music while the cellular connectivity is turned off
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- Access all your e-mail and messaging as well as social networking sites like Facebook and MySpace; full QWERTY keyboard with touch-sensitive optical trackpad
- Pay as You Go lets you stay connected with no monthly payments, no hidden fees; Wi-Fi networking plus Wi-Fi Calling capabilities
- 2-megapixel camera/camcorder; Bluetooth stereo music; microSD memory expansion; personal and corporate e-mail
- Up to 4.5 hours of talk time, up to 408 hours (17 days) of standby time; released in August, 2009
- What’s in the Box: handset, battery, charger, wired stereo hands-free headset, USB cable, quick start guide