Compact and easy-to-use, this All-in-One with unique decorative lid and print, copy, scan and fax features is ideal for the small or home office. Share with multiple computers on a network using the wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet connection. The 3.3″ Touchscreen color LCD display is perfect for interactive and easy to use menu navigation. Access your Facebook, Picassa photo organizing software, Flickr, Google Docs and Evernote accounts via the Web Connect Touchscreen Interface±. Print directly on printable blank DVDs, CDs and Blu-ray discs for personalization. Help save paper with automatic duplex (2-sided) printing⁰. Unattended fax, copy and scan up to 20-page documents using the automatic document feeder. Fast print speeds of 35 ppm black/ 27 ppm color (Fast mode); ISO-based 12 ppm black / 10 ppm color (ISO/IEC 27434).
DVDs, and Blu-ray discs
The MFC-J825DW is a compact inkjet with a 3.3-inch web connect touchscreen interface. It makes a great addition to a small or home office with easy access to Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts. You can also print directly onto printable CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs without hassle.
Featuring a unique decorative lid, the MFC-J825DW is easy to use and enables you to print, copy, scan, and fax from multiple computers on a network using the wireless or wired Ethernet connection. Help save paper with automatic duplex (two-sided) printing, and enjoy the convenience of unattended faxing, copying, and scanning up to 20-page documents using the automatic document feeder.
- Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking
- 3.3-inch TouchScreen color LCD display for interactive and easy-to-use menu navigation
- Create two-sided documents and save paper with duplex printing12
- Unattended fax, copy, or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- Fast print speeds up to 35 ppm black, 27 ppm color (fast mode) and 12 ppm black, 10 ppm color (ISO standard)1
- Access your Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts via the web connect touchscreen interface10
- Print directly onto printable DVDs, CDs, and Blu-ray discs4
- Brother iPrint&Scan free app download for wireless printing from, and scanning to, your Apple, Android, or Windows Phone 7 mobile device3
- Four-cartridge ink system
Easy-to-Use Features to Enhance the Way You Work
The MFC-J825DW offers a sleek and stylish design that complements any home or small office environment. Four dedicated function keys allow you to easily switch between fax/copy/scan and the PhotoCapture Center with the press of a button.
Easy to Set Up
Utilize the power of your wireless network while reducing the number of cables in your home office. Wireless networking enables others to share the Multi-Function Center on the network. The SOHO Series Multi-Function Center Machines are Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n certified and are compatible with new routers with ‘n’ technology, allowing for faster data transfer between your PC and printer router. These models are still compatible with older routers that offer b/g technology.
Convenient Web and Mobile Device Compatibility
The MFC-J825DW supports wireless printing from your mobile device via AirPrint, Google Cloud Print, iPrint&Scan and Cortado Workplace. Brother Web Connect enables you to upload and download files to specific web services without using a computer. Access your Facebook, Picasa Web Albums, Flickr, Google Docs, and Evernote accounts via the web connect touchscreen interface. Mobile printing will allow you to print from your mobile device on the go.10.
CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc Printing
Customize and print professional looking discs. Your Brother machine can print directly on printable disc media, including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, and Blu-ray Disc. There are three ways to print on printable disc media:
- Print by copying: You can copy the image of an existing disc label or a square document (such as a photo) and print the image on a printable disc.
- Print from media: You can select an image stored in a memory card or USB Flash memory drive, and print the image on a printable disc.
- Print from a computer (Windows / Mac): Brother offers an easy-to-use application for printing directly on printable disc media. The NewSoft CD Labeler application offers templates for creating disc labels along with matching jacket covers, or you can create your own custom disc labels.
Help reduce your printing costs with high yield LC Series Ink Cartridges. All Brother Inkjet Multi-Function Center machines are equipped with a four-cartridge ink system. This means you only have to change the specific color cartridge that needs to be replaced, instead of having to discard an entire set of ink cartridges. This helps to reduce waste and save you money.
Plus, the MFC-J425W’s “N in 1” printing and copying option allows you to print several pages onto one, and Ink Save Mode is used when printing draft documents.
What’s in the Box
MFCJ825W; LC71 Series Cartridges (Black, Cyan, Magenta, Yellow); CD-ROM- Assembly for Windows and Mac; Disc Tray; User’s Manual; Quick Setup Guide; Telephone Line Cord
- Max. Print Speed Black / Color (Fast Mode, ISO Standard)1: 35 / 27ppm, 12 / 10ppm
- Max. Print Resolution (dpi)2: 6000 x 1200
- Borderless Printing: Yes
- Ink Save Mode6: Yes
- Stand Alone Fax Capabilities: Color and B/W
- Max. Fax Modem Speed / Best Transmission Speeds7: 33.6K bps / 3 sec.
- Dual Access8: Yes
- PC Fax (Send or Receive)8: Send / Receive9
- Max. Copy Speed Black / Color (Standard, ISO ADF Only)1: 23 / 20ppm, 6 / 6ppm
- Max. Copy Resolution (dpi)2: 1200 x 1200
- Reduction / Enlargement (min. – max.): 25 – 400%
- Multiple Copies: Yes (99)
- N-in-1: 2in1 / 2in1 (ID) / 4in1 (A4 / Letter / Executive only)
- Scanner Capabilities: B/W and Color
- Optical Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 2400 x 1200 (glass) / 1200 x 600 (ADF)
- Interpolated Scan Resolution (dpi)2: 19200 x 19200
- Document Viewer / OCR Software10: Windows ScanSoft PaperPort 12 SE with OCR; Mac Presto! PageManager 9 with OCR
- Scan to Capability: Image, OCR, E-mail, File, Media Card, USB Flash Memory Drive
- Auto Crop Scanning: Yes
- Media Card Compatibility: Memory Stick, Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick Pro, Pro Duo, MicroSD Memory Card, Mini SD, Micro SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card, MultiMedia Card, MultiMedia Card plus, MultiMedia Card Mobile
- PhotoCapture Photo Editing Features: Monochrome, Sepia, Auto Correct, Trimming, Photo Enhance (Auto Correct / Skin Tone / Scenery / Red Eye / Night Scene / Fill Light / Whiteboard)
- Direct Printing Image Format: JPEG / AVI / MOV
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows OS: XP / XP Professional x64 / Windows Vista / 7 / Server 2003 / 2003 x64 / 2003 R2 / 2003 R2 x64 / 2008 / 2008 R2
- Macintosh OS: Mac OS X 10.4.11, 10.5.x, 10.6.x
- Unit Dimensions: 15.9″ x 14.9″ x 7.1″
- Carton Dimensions: 18.9″ x 10″ x 18.3″
- Unit Weight / Carton Weight: 20.5 lbs. / 24.9 lbs.
|Maximum Print Speed||33ppm / 26ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm||35ppm / 27ppm|
|Maximum Input Paper Size||N/A||N/A||N/A||11″ x 17″||11″ x 17″||11″ x 17″||11″ x 17″|
|Media Card / Pict Bridge||No||Yes||Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes||Yes / Yes|
|Networking||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n)||Wireless (802.11b/g/n) or Wired Ethernet networking||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)||Ethernet and Wireless (b/g/n)|
|LCD||1.9-inch Color LCD Display||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||1.9-inch TouchScreen plus Touch Panel Controls||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen||3.3-inch Color TouchScreen|
1. ISO speeds based on ISO / IEC 24734 (print) or ISO / IEC 24735 (copy using ADF). PPM speed is based on printing in FAST mode. Excludes time to complete first page and will vary depending on a variety of factors. See www.brother-usa.com/printspeed for details.
2. Resolutions are listed horizontal by vertical dpi.
3. See www.brother.com for details and availability. The iPhone App Store, Android Market, and Microsoft Marketplace are not available in all countries. Supports PDF and JPEG formats. Windows Phone 7 does not support PDF printing.
4. Additional purchase required.
5. Cables not included.
6. Helps save ink by outlining images for draft printing.
7. Based on ITU-T Test Chart No. 1 at standard resolution with MMR compression.
8. Black and white only.
9. PC-Fax send only for Mac users.
10. See System Requirements and more details at www.brother.com.
11. Approximate page yields in accordance with ISO 24711. For more page yield information see www.brother.com/pageyield.
12. Borderless not available on duplex. Minimum default margins 0.12-inches on all sides.
- Easy to setup wireless (802.11b/g/n) or wired Ethernet networking
- 3.3″ Touchscreen color LCD display for interactive and easy to use menu navigation
- Create two-sided documents and save paper with duplex printing
- Unattended fax, copy or scan using up to 20-page ADF
- Web Connect Touchscreen – access your Facebook, Picassa photo organizing software, Flickr, Google Docs and Evernote accounts via the Web Connect Touchscreen Interface±