Perfect for first-time smartphone users, the Android-powered, 3G-enabled Pantech Crossover for AT&T lets you stay connected to friends, family, and coworkers through messaging and social media wherever you roam. It boasts a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard, 3.1-inch touchscreen display, 600 MHz processor, 3-megapixel digital camera/camcorder, Wireless-N Wi-Fi connectivity, and the popular AllSport GPS app–which offers workout tracking, maps, a calorie counter, and more.
The Android-powered Pantech Crossover is perfect for first-time smartphone users (see larger image).
Sporty good looks and durable design come together to make Crossover a perfect fit for any active lifestyle. With a textured back cover and rubberized corners, the Crossover’s durable design means it can go wherever you go. The full QWERTY keyboard makes it a breeze to text, email and surf the web, and from the touchscreen.
Enabled for use on AT&T’s lightning quick HSPA 3G network, you’ll be able to easily access the Internet as well as quickly download video, music and more. Additionally, with AT&T’s 3G network, you can make a call while simultaneously receiving picture/text messages and e-mail or viewing Web pages.
With integrated Google technology, the Crossover brings one-touch access to the popular Google mobile services millions use every day, including Google Search by voice, Google Maps with Street View, GTalk instant messaging (with presence capabilities), YouTube, and Picasa. And through Android Market, you’ll get access to thousands of useful applications, widgets and fun games to download and install on your phone, with many more apps being added every day.
The full QWERTY keyboard makes it a breeze to text, email and surf the web (see larger image).
Other features include a pre-loaded 2 GB microSD memory card (with memory expansion up to 32 GB), Bluetooth for hands-free devices and stereo music streaming, access to personal and corporate e-mail, and up to 5 hours of talk time (see full specifications below.
Pay As You Go with GoPhone
With AT&T’s GoPhone pay-as-you-go service, you get all the benefits of wireless without the surprises–no long-term contracts, credit checks, or deposits. You can easily refill your minutes via prepaid cards or the Internet, or choose to prepay each month and roll over unused minutes.
You can choose from a variety of plans that suit your individual needs–including monthly and daily plans with unlimited talk and text messaging as well as a simple per-minute plan. And with Rollover Balance, you can carry over your unused account balance when you refill before your balance expires, up to the account maximum (learn more below).
The Pantech Crossover weighs 5.15 ounces and measures 4.45 x 2.28 x 0.56 inches. Its 1500 mAh lithium-ion battery is rated at up to 5 hours of talk time, and up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time. It runs on the 850/900/1800/1900 MHz GSM/GPRS/EDGE frequencies as well as AT&T’s dual-band 3G network (850/1900 MHz; HSDPA/UMTS) plus 2100 MHz international 3G networks.
What’s in the Box
Pantech Crossover handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide, $25 Airtime credit (Learn more)
AT&T GoPhone Service
AT&T’s pay-as-you-go GoPhone plans are wireless plans made easy, simply pay in advance for what you need. No long-term contracts, credit checks, or surprise bills–just all the benefits of wireless, with no complications. In addition, AT&T’s Rollover Balance feature lets you carry over your unused account balance when you purchase refill minutes before your balance expires.
Other great GoPhone features include no long distance or roaming fees across AT&T’s national service area, the ability to track usage via text messages with an updated balance after each call, and the ability to refill your minutes 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. You can also choose to add international long distance for calling to over 50 countries (including Mexico landlines and Canada) for just $10 for 250 minutes. And you can cancel any time without penalty.
GoPhone Plan Options
- $50 Monthly Unlimited Plan includes unlimited talk, text (both U.S. and internationally), and access to Internet data and web browsing (smartphone users must purchase a separate data package).
- $25 Monthly Plan includes 250 minutes of talk time, unlimited text messages, and international texting at 25¢ per message. Data and mobile web browsing is charged per use, or you can buy a package.
- $2 Unlimited Daily Talk & Text is a good plan for those who do not use their phone every day, and data packages can be added. It’s charged ONLY on days when the phone is used to make or receive a voice call (including a call to voice mailbox), use IM, or send a text or picture/video/sound message. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
- Per Minute enables you to make phone calls at just 10¢ a minute–perfect for those looking to use their phone very infrequently or for emergencies. You can also send texts at 20¢ per message (25¢ per international message), or choose a monthly package. Data is charged per use, or via a package.
Smartphone users can use any of these GoPhone plans, however, a smartphone require a data/web package to use data/web services. Pay-per-use data/web is not available on smartphone devices. Data packages for all GoPhone plan options (for mobile web access for e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, and more) include the following:
- 1 GB for $25
- 200 MB for $15
- 50 MB for $5
Data packages are good for 30 days, as long as your account balance is not expired. Standard rates apply if feature package is not renewed after 30 days.
Learn more about AT&T GoPhone plans from this handy chart, plus check out AT&T’s nationwide coverage map.
How to Refill Your Account
For your convenience 24/7, you can add money to your account in a variety of ways and in a variety of amounts.
- With Rollover Balance, if you refill your account before your balance expires, you keep your unused balance.
- Purchase a refill card at any AT&T store and over 200,000 other retail locations in the U.S. Most refill cards will let you dial *888* to refill using the PIN number on the card.
- Use a credit/debit card and visit att.com/mygophone to refill online. You can also set up Auto Refill and Text to Refill, which enables you to refill directly from your phone.
To check on your current balance, dial*777# and press SEND to receive a text massage indicating your account balance and expiration date.
AT&T GoPhone refill cards are available in these amounts:
- $15 (30-day expiration)
- $25 (90-day expiration)
- $50 (90-day expiration)
- $60 (90-day expiration)
- $100 (1-year expiration)
Communications & Internet
Also Available for This Android Device
Amazon Appstore for Android
- 3G-enabled, Android-powered smartphone with 3.1-inch touchscreen and slide-out full QWERTY keyboard
- Pay for just the minutes you use with no annual contract–easy refill via Internet or prepaid cards
- 600 MHz processor; Wireless-N Wi-Fi networking; GPS for navigation and location services; 3-MP camera/camcorder; HTML web browser with Flash support
- Up to 5 hours of talk time, up to 360 hours (15 days) of standby time; released in June, 2011
- What’s in the Box: handset, rechargeable battery, charger, 2 GB microSD card, quick start guide