Featuring a robust 60W AC adapter, this is a full USB 2.0 hub for connecting a PC, Mac, Linux/Unix, or other computer to add up to 7 additional USB devices. It also provides new, advanced compatibility for devices which support the new BC 1.2 charging standard: charging and syncing (“Charging Downstream Port” or CDP mode) and charging with only the hub’s power adapter and no PC (“Dedicated Charging Port” or DCP mode) at fast charging rates up to 1.5A per port.
CompatibilityFeaturing the Terminus FE1.1SB USB 2.0 hub chipset for maximum compatibility. Supports Microsoft Windows 8.1 through XP, Mac OS X, and Linux/Unix. Apple SuperDrive not compatible. Full forward and backward compatibility between USB 3.0, 2.0, and 1.1 hosts and devices. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).
Power and ChargingComes with premium 12V 5A 60W power supply.
Compatible devices for simultaneous charging and data sync: Apple Lightning devices including Apple iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPad Retina, Air, Mini, and the older 30 pin iPhone 4s, 4; Kindle Paperwhite and Touch, Google Nexus 7, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Galaxy S4, HTC HD2, Nokia 710 and 900, Motorola Droid 2 and Droid XCompatible devices for dedicated charging only (only charges when PC not attached): Dell Venue 8 Pro, HP Chromebook, ASUS T100, Kindle Fire, Motorola Droid, Lenovo Miix 2 8, Nexus 5, Nentendo 3DS, Samsung Galaxy Note 8. For detailed charging information on known compatible devices, see our USB2-HUB7BC product page on plugable.com
Other common uses:In addition to use as a standard USB 2.0 hub, the hub can: Power the Raspberry Pi and its attached USB devices; Provide power and data connectivity to bitcoin miners and other USB-attached computing devices; Provide power to USB lamps, LEDs, and other appliances that require less than 60W total.
- Plugable’s latest USB 2.0 7-Port High Speed Hub. Includes our most robust power adapter ever, capable of a massive 60 watts at 12V 5A, enough to power all of your devices with ease. (US AC Wall Outlet Plug)
- Hub enables connecting 7 additional USB devices. Forwards and backwards compatible with all USB 3.0, 2.0, or 1.1 host controllers and devices on Windows, Mac, and Linux/Unix computers at USB 2.0 speeds up to 480 Mbps. Transfer rates are device and USB host controller dependent. Fully plug and play, devices can be hot-swapped, supports USB over-current protection. Requires no driver installation (although individual devices may require drivers).
- Apple notes: Note that some devices such as the Apple SuperDrive look for Apple-specific signaling and will not work when connected through any USB hub.
- Hub supports the USB Battery Charging 1.2 Standard (BC 1.2) for unique charge and data sync functionality that most hubs do not have. Charge and sync only works with BC 1.2 compatible devices such as the Apple iPhone 5s, 5c, 5, iPad Retina, Air, Mini, plus various Android and Windows devices are also supported. Because only some devices support BC 1.2, check compatibility list below before purchase.
- Master blue power LED. Professional matte black finish. Compact and stackable design. All 7 ports on one side to minimize cable clutter and maximize accessibiliy.